Thursday, December 24, 2015

Most things in life are one big sales game!


Over the past few days I have noticed Press Releases on
"Sticking to a plan"
"Quitting due to lack of sales"
"Persistence pays off"
Plus many more.
So it got me thinking.......

In reality we are all sales people when it come to getting what we want in life.

In my career as a recruiter, I prepare my candidates for their job  interview with my clients.  Believe it or not, many times the candidates just say the wrong things.  So I tell them what they should say and shouldn't say to get the job they want.
They must "sell" their talents and skills to the person they are interviewing with and as they are closing the interview, I always tell them.....
"Ask for the job!"

That's right, you want something, so why not just come right out and ask for it!!!
From the time we are in pre-school, we are "selling" our personality to attract others.
May seem strange to some, but think about it......
Kids want to be around other kids, that share, are fun to play with and feel as they are wanted by their new playmate.


Kids that are bratty and do not want to share even though they are little will be avoided at all cost.


Being an adult and in business is no different than preschool!
While it is important to get to know your clients or customers on a personal level, too many times people are dancing around what they really want from you rather than....
"Just coming out and asking for whatever it is they are seeking!"
Sure I love meeting new people but there is nothing worse than meeting someone new, you think you are forming a relationship with them and then there's the sales pitch.
"Will you buy my product?"
"Will you join my company?"
After you say "No, I'm not interested."  The person you thought was your friend is now on to the next person they want to pretend to be friends with to gain business.
It doesn't work that way.......

And that is to place a new candidate! 
My clients know that ( no dancing around betraying from the get go)  but I also try to sincerely know them and over the years continue the friendship (sale) I made right from the beginning.
I wanted to share this book, because if you want something, you need to
"Steal the Show"
But in a manner that doesn't look like your just using others to get what you want.


Some of you may understanding what I was trying to say about life being all about sales and if you don't, really think it about it......

I bet you will become the best "sales person" in the world to achieve your goal.  It can be as simple as getting a stranger to help you with the door at a grocery store because your hands are full......
You are not going to yell and scream, you are going to ask nicely (selling) if someone will help you!
The next time you want something money can't buy, how will you go about achieving it?
When I am calling on businesses to gain new clients, I have a goal in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment